This policy describes how your personal data is used when you use this website or when TLS Lettings & Estate Agents Ltd provides goods or services to you. This policy will help to explain what personal data may be collected and what is subsequently held about you, what it may be used it for and how it is kept safe. You have legal rights to access the personal data that is held about you and to control how it is used.
About the company
We are TLS Lettings & Estate Agents Ltd, Company Number 5079551. Registered address, 28 Windsor Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2EJ. Business address 28 Windsor Road, Slough, SL1 2EJ
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com or by writing to 28 Windsor Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2EJ or calling (01753) 518889.
What personal data is collected
Personal data that you provide to us. There are lots of ways in which you may share your personal data with us, for example, you may use our contact form on the website, or post on social media sites that we are connected with or provide information for invoicing based on services provided. The personal data that you provide to us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
What your personal data is used for
Your personal data may be used in the following ways:
- to provide you with the information and services that are requested
- to provide you marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences
- to manage and administer the business between us
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files that are transferred to your computer when you visit websites. They can be used to enhance your experience on a particular website, for example, they may be used in conjunction with your shopping cart on an ecommerce site, or they may simply be used for marketing purposes to monitor site usage and activity.
Cookie types and what cookies do
Not all these cookies are operational on every site, below is an overview of the types of cookies that might be in use on a site.
- Fundamental Cookies - These Cookies are necessary for the operation of the site. Example: shopping cart information on an e-commerce site, or authorization for access to a restricted area.
- Performance Cookies - These Cookies don't affect the functionality of a website; they are used to improve performance and to track site usage. Example: Google Analytics
- Functionality Cookies - These Cookies store preferences that help improve the functionality of the site. Example: location information for services such as news or weather, or accessibility settings for text size, fonts, contrast and so on.
- Advertising Cookies - These cookies store (and share) information about your browsing habits. Example: pop-up adverts that appear across a whole network of sites, targeted at users based on their browsing history.
Are cookies safe?
- Yes – they don’t harm your computer.
- Yes – they do not contain any information that could be used by others to identify you personally.
- Yes – they do not contain any confidential details such as your email address or payment details.
Can I turn cookies off?
If you would prefer not to have cookies from my website stored on your computer, you can change the settings on your website browser. You can find out how to do this in the ‘Help’ section of your browser, via the menu bar or visiting http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies where there are details about how to manage cookies.
The cookies that are used
Google analytics cookies allow us to:
- Allow us to understand how visitors use the site, as well as provide valuable information about devices used and where in the world you have visited us from
- Help identify any errors so we can fix them.
- Gather information which helps us continually improve our website.
The data collected is completely anonymous, there is no personal information to identity a visitor stored or recorded.
To remember your chosen settings, a cookie will be stored in your current browser. If you delete all cookies from your browser, you will have to update these settings again.
If you use a different device, different account on your PC or a different browser, you will need to set your preference for them too. The settings you have chosen today will only apply to device and browser you are using now.
Personal data you are legally obliged to provide
You are not under a legal obligation to provide us with any of your personal data but please note that if you elect not to provide us with your personal data, it will be difficult to provide a service to you.
Your rights to know what personal data is held, and to control how it is used
You have a legal right to know what personal data is being held about you - this is called the right of subject access. You can exercise this right by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All clients and persons associated with TLS Lettings & Estate Agents Ltd have the following rights:
- to prevent your personal data being used for inhouse marketing purposes. Your personal details are not passed to any third party without your prior knowledge and consent
- to have inaccurate personal data corrected, blocked or erased
- to object to our using your personal data in ways that are likely to cause you damage or distress
- to restrict the use of your personal data
- require that your personal data is deleted
- require that you are provided, or anyone that you nominate, with a copy of any personal data you have given us in a structured electronic form such as a CSV file
You can find full details of your personal data rights on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at www.ico.org.uk.
How we keep your personal data safe
Every care is taken to ensure that your personal data is kept secure. The security measures taken include:
- personal data is stored on local server and not remotely
- keeping paper records to a minimum
- maintaining up-to-date firewalls and anti-virus software to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to my local server and computer
Personal data is not shared with any third party without prior consent
How long we keep your personal data
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need it. In practice, this means that we will keep:
- Financial records of transactions for 7 years
- Your name and contact details for marketing purposes for 7 years from the last point services were provided to you
- Your name and contact details for marketing purposes for 3 years in the event of you making an enquiry
- A record of the services (including a copy of your full customer file) we provide to you for 7 years
- Complaint records for 7 years
How you can make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way in which we have used your personal data, please contact us via email@example.com or call (01753) 518889.
How we keep this policy up to date
This policy will be reviewed and updated from time to time. This may be to reflect a change in the goods or services being offered, a change to internal procedures or to reflect a change in the law.
Updated: 24 May 2018
Phone: 01753 518889
Twitter FeedFollow @twitter
** ARLA AGENT ** THREE BEDROOM END OF TERRACE HOUSE. OFFERED PART FURNISHED AND IN A GOOD CONDITION THROUGHOUT. AVA… https://t.co/oX4PcCYmbL
Posted: 1 week, 6 days ago
** ARLA AGENT ** NEWLY DECORATED TWO BEDROOM TERRACE HOUSE. PART FURNISHED AND IN EXCELLENT CONDITION THROUGHOUT. A… https://t.co/0yWg9o2rLT
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Posted: 1 month, 1 week ago
***ARLA AGENT** ONE BEDROOM GROUND FLOOR FLAT, OFFERED PART FURNISHED, WALKING DISTANCE TO SLOUGH TRAIN STATION. AV… https://t.co/sXrPfOhCC3
Posted: 1 month, 1 week ago
TLS Lettings is a SAFEagent. SAFE – Safe Agent Fully Endorsed – is a mark denoting firms that protect landlords and tenants money through a client money protection scheme. Full details of the scope of the scheme can be obtained from the scheme operator.
For more information on SAFEagent visit www.safeagents.co.uk