TLS Lettings, an independent company, was established in 1996, with the concept of specialising in residential lettings and property management.
Successfully letting a property in today’s market can be a complex and protracted process, particularly due to continual changes in legislation in addition to the current legislative requirements.
Selecting the right agent to let your property is essential to maximising your rental income, sourcing the most suitable tenant(s) and ensuring any issues are minimised.
To ensure we provide the highest standards in every aspect of residential lettings and property management, we are members of the following:
- ARLA Propertymark (Association of Residential Letting Agents) arla.co.uk
- TDS (Tenants Deposit Scheme) tenancydepositscheme.com
- Safe Agent (money protection scheme) safeagents.co.uk
- The Property Ombudsmen tpos.co.uk
To find out our recommendations on how to achieve the optimum rental for your property, please visit:
Get a free valuation on your home now!Value My Home
If you are interested in renting your property, we can arrange a free, no obligation market appraisal. This involves a visit to the property, a property valuation, information and advice on residential letting and the specific services available.
At TLS we offer a range of different services to a landlord and these are categorised as follows:
Letting Service (finding and introducing a tenant)
- Marketing and advertising
- Where appropriate, erect a “TO LET” board
- Conduct accompanied viewings
- Complete negotiations relating to all aspects of the tenancy and term, to include special clauses
- Use an independent company, Rent4sure, to complete the tenant(s) reference application(s)
- Provide free legal advice relating to your tenancy (as members of ARLA Propertymark we have access to a solicitor)
- Preparation of the Tenancy agreement and to ensure all legal formalities are complete (to include Right To Rent: Immigration Act 2014)
- Receive initial monies (one month’s rent in advance/five weeks’ deposit)
- Preparation of the standing order mandate in relation to remaining rental payments
- Electronic exchange of the Tenancy Agreement and supporting documents
- Settlement of the account and distribution of the deposit (in accordance with prior agreement)
Collection Service (Rental collection)
In addition to all points referred to within the Letting Service, TLS will:
- Receive the rent monthly
- After deduction of our monthly fee, make an online transfer of balance into nominated account
- Monthly statement will be forwarded electronically
- Non-payment of rent will be pursued (by phone, electronic correspondence and if necessary, by a personal visit)
In addition to all points referred to within both the Letting and Collection Service, TLS will:
- Complete the start of tenancy handover (release keys/take meter readings and notify utility providers except for the Council Tax Department and telephone provider)
- Prepare and compile an inventory and schedule of condition (additional charges apply)
- Check the tenant(s) into the property (using an inventory where applicable)
- Conduct property visits and provide a report relating to the general condition.
- Arrange the annual gas safety inspection and Energy Performance Certificate as necessary.
- Be responsible for dealing with all maintenance/repair issues using the Fixflo maintenance link. (Report an Issue)
- Complete the end of tenancy inspection and deal with any dilapidations (additional charges apply).
- Retrieve the keys and notify the relevant utility companies of the closing meter readings and the forwarding address of the tenant(s)
A quotation for Landlords Direct Rent Protection and Landlords buildings and Contents can be obtained upon request.
Tenancy Deposit Scheme (Any new contracts from 6th April 2007)
TLS Lettings & Estate Agents Ltd, a regulated agent, is a member of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme which is administered by:- Tenancy Deposit Scheme, The Dispute Service Ltd PO Box 1255 Hemel Hempstead Herts HP1 9GN. Membership No: G02570
Under the tenancy deposit scheme, deposits are protected during the tenancy. It is held as security in the event the tenant(s) fail to meet their responsibilities contained within the tenancy agreement.
As a regulated agent, TLS can administer the deposit on behalf of the landlord. For details of our charges and to ascertain your legal obligation as a landlord, please contact the office.